Home Page Slider Metal
Home Page Slider Metal
Top prices paid for your Scrap Car

As an Authorised Treatment Facility, AG Evans operate to the End of Life Vehicles Regulations 2003. We will notify the DVLA, issue you a certificate of destruction and make payment to you by cheque or into your bank account via your debit card.

Bring your scrap vehicle to AG Evans along with photographic ID with proof of your address, e.g. driving licence or current passport with a utility bill which is less than 3 months old plus the registration document (V5C) and we will do the rest!

If you vehicle is un-roadworthy or doesn’t start, contact us to arrange collection on: 01494 758388

Recycling your vehicle

When you leave your scrap car with AG Evans we will remove the tyres, all fluids and the battery. Once all pollutants have been removed from your vehicle it will then be scrapped and crushed with all the metal being recycled.

Retain your personal plate

If you wish to retain your personal number plate you will need to do this BEFORE you scrap your vehicle. Details of what to do can be found on the Personalised Number Plate page of the Direct Gov website.

Certificate of Destruction

DVLA Certificate of Destruction The End-of-Life Vehicles Regulations 2003 require that if you want to scrap a vehicle you may only do so at an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF).

An ATF will issue you a Certificate of Destruction (CoD); this document terminates your responsibility as the registered keeper of the vehicle. Without this certificate you will still be responsible for the vehicle and for payment of a road fund licence. You should retain your scrap car’s Certificate of Destruction as a duplicate cannot be issued.

The End of Life Vehicles (ELV) Regulation 2003 aims to reduce the amount of waste from scrap vehicles (cars and vans). It imposed strict environmental standards for Authorised Treatment Facilities, made provision for the free disposal of scrap cars and introduced a system for issuing Certificates of Destruction (CoD). Further information on disposing of cars for scrap can be found on the Scrapping your Vehicle page of the Direct Gov website. The Environment Agency website contains details of Authorised Treatment Facilities.

© AG Evans Ltd - 2015. All rights reserved. No part of this web site may be reproduced, published, distributed, displayed, or copied without written permission from AG Evans Ltd.